Access to Queensland Stoma Association Ltd services is based on need. Services are not compromised on the grounds of their gender, marital status, religious or cultural beliefs, political affiliation, sexuality or sexual preference, particular disability or ethnic background.
SERVICE USERS RIGHTS
- QSA Service Users have the right to be respected and valued, and to be treated with dignity.
- QSA Service Users have the right to privacy and confidentiality.
- QSA service users have the right to have their unique individuality recognised and their culture, diversity, values and beliefs respected.
- QSA Service users have the right to receive support and assistance, including where financial hardship may be a barrier.
- QSA Service users have the right to receive timely information that is responsive to their needs, in a manner that best fosters informed choice and understanding.
- QSA Service Users have the right to provide feedback and to make complaints which will be dealt with fairly and promptly, and without fear of retribution.
- QSA Service Users have the right to involve an advocate of their choice.
- QSA service users and their family members and/or carers have the right to be informed of their Rights and Responsibilities.
Queensland Stoma Association Ltd also observes and supports the International Ostomy Association’s Charter of Ostomates Rights.
SERVICE USERS RESPONSIBILITIES
- QSA Service Users must pay any and all fees applicable to access QSA Services when they fall due, unless an alternative arrangements has been made with the QSA Board or Manager.
- QSA Service Users should act in a way which respects the rights of other service users and of QSA team members.
- QSA Service Users should familiarise themselves with the policies and procedures of QSA with regard to SAS ordering policies, including when an order must be submitted and how long to allow for that order to be made available for collection or dispatch.
- QSA Service Users registered with the Stoma Appliance Scheme should familiarise themselves with the Stoma Appliance Scheme Operational Guidelines.